The reason Joomla CMS is trusted by literally millions (and counting) websites online, is because it is one of the very few out there that can be used to create, edit, publish and manage content. This is why it is considered a good alternative to employing a fulltime website design professional. The following are some of the main reasons it is so trusted:
- Easy and fast editing – If you are not using a CMS and want to make some edits on the pages on your website, Joomla has your back. The thing is if you try to use another CMS, it won’t care as much about data integrity such as Joomla can. It does this by locking the content so that no one is able to access or make changes to a document that is being edited for instance. Since the software uses powerful editors to make changes, the person editing a document will have no trouble making adjustments. In fact, a simple document will feel like a Word file when it is being changed.
- Customizable Core – Even though Joomla’s core is called hackable, that is not a cause for concern. It just means that it can be customized by anyone who has a modicum of knowledge regarding PHP. That’s because this open source software’s is very clean and quite well documented as well and since it is so ‘hackable’ it can be used to make adjustments or optimize it.
- East Menu Creation – Perhaps one of the main features that placed Joomla on the map is its easy to use menu creation tool. Favored by veterans and newbies alike, the feature can be used by anyone, even those with little to no programming experience. This includes creating multiple menus pointing to different aspects of a website.
- Open Source – Gone are the days when ‘open source’ conjured up images of tech savy ‘geeks’ who spent their days making Microsoft products to create websites. Fast forward a couple of years and open source is the basis of most websites that are dominating the web and Joomla is one of them. The reason it is favored is because it is created by using a dominant scripting language, PHP and the open source dataspace, MySQL. This is why it is still preferred and has been adopted by seasoned CMS developers. Besides creating new Joomla extensions, it is typically hosted on a Linux based server, making it completely open source.
- In-built Caching – With its in-built caching abilities, developers who use Joomla can ensure their creations load quickly. A server that is hosting a website made from this software will not get overloaded, but if this capability is misused, it can compromise extensions. However, that does not mean you should forego it completely; caching can help you increase your site’s performance tenfold, leading to better search engine rankings and exposure.
A large number of website use Joomla to maintain a solid presence on the web, so if you want to count your’s among them, then this open source software will not disappoint.